|The average person might believe that to “go green” is coming mostly from politicians and concerned citizens. This is not the case anymore; many companies are doing their part to become more sustainable and eco-friendly businesses. HealthyPets is also doing its’ duty by making sure that we help mother earth by going green.
- In our distribution centers we now use biodegradable bubble film, which biodegrades in 9-60 months in the presence of microorganisms. Also re-usable & recyclable.
- Converted our office to use energy-efficient lighting with occupancy sensors.
- Instead of using many paper reports, we have switched to electronic versions, but when we do use paper reports we print on both sides to conserve paper.
- All of our office paper and warehouse cardboards are recycled.
- We have increased our online communication vs. print communication, such an example is our online monthly newsletter.
- We also sell products that are made out of recycled materials such as the Bettie Fetch Toy. 10% of proceeds go to the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation.
We are striving to become much “Greener” in the future. Take the initiative and help out by going “Green” with HealthyPets!