- Select Appropriate Dose: Choose the appropriate dose of Effipro Plus based on your cat's weight. Consult the product label or your veterinarian for guidance on dosage.
- Prepare Application Site: Part your cat's fur between the shoulder blades to expose the skin. Ensure the area is dry and free from any cuts or irritations.
- Apply Solution: Hold the pipette upright and snap off the tip. Part the fur and place the tip directly onto the skin. Squeeze the pipette firmly to empty the contents onto the skin in one spot.
- Administer Entire Dose: Empty the entire contents of the pipette onto the skin. Avoid applying the solution onto the fur, as it needs direct contact with the skin to be effective.
- Prevent Licking: Prevent your cat from licking the application site until the solution has dried completely. This usually takes a few hours.
- Repeat as Directed: Follow the recommended dosing schedule provided by your veterinarian or on the product label. Reapply Effipro Plus according to the frequency recommended for continuous protection against fleas and ticks.
- Monitor for Adverse Reactions: Keep an eye on your cat for any signs of adverse reactions, such as skin irritation or excessive grooming. If any adverse reactions occur, consult your veterinarian immediately.
- Dispose of Packaging: Safely dispose of the empty pipette according to local regulations. Do not reuse empty pipettes.
- Store Remaining Product: Store any unused portions of Effipro Plus in a cool, dry place away from children and pets, and out of direct sunlight.
- Consult Veterinarian: If you have any questions or concerns about the application of Effipro Plus, consult your veterinarian for personalized guidance.
EFFIPRO Plus should be applied monthly for continuous protection against fleas and ticks. Follow the dosage and application instructions provided by your veterinarian or on the product label.
EFFIPRO Plus is suitable for use on kittens aged 8 weeks and older, provided they meet the minimum weight requirement for the chosen dose. Consult your veterinarian for guidance on using EFFIPRO Plus on kittens.
It is recommended to consult with your veterinarian before using EFFIPRO Plus on pregnant or lactating cats. Your veterinarian can provide personalized guidance based on your cat's specific needs.
EFFIPRO Plus starts working within hours of application, with fleas and ticks being killed within 24 hours. However, it may take up to 48 hours for ticks to be killed after initial contact with the treated animal.
It is essential to consult with your veterinarian before combining EFFIPRO Plus with other flea and tick treatments to avoid potential interactions. Your veterinarian can provide personalized guidance based on your cat's specific needs.
EFFIPRO Plus is generally well-tolerated, but some cats may experience mild skin irritation or sensitivity at the application site. If your cat exhibits any signs of discomfort or irritation, consult your veterinarian.
EFFIPRO Plus is waterproof, so your cat can swim or bathe after application without affecting its efficacy. However, avoid bathing your cat within 48 hours before or after applying EFFIPRO Plus to ensure optimal absorption.
Store EFFIPRO Plus in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat. Keep the product out of reach of children and pets.
If accidental ingestion occurs, contact your veterinarian or a poison control center immediately for advice. Keep the product packaging on hand for reference.
For additional information about EFFIPRO Plus, consult your veterinarian or visit the manufacturer's website for product details and frequently asked questions.