VetStix™ 11SG Urine Test Strips includes improvements and features designed specifically to provide reliable urinalysis results for veterinary practices and laboratories and offer diagnostic reliability.
- Shelf-life of all analytes is 30 months as opposed to 24 months.
- Specific Gravity is reliably determined to values of 1.07 as opposed to 1.06. Adequate renal concentrating capacity in dogs or cats can be determined making it a more reliable vet tool.
- Stable glucose chemistry pads allow reliable results for the full 30 month shelf-life of the product. High glucose values indicative of diabetic conditions will not be missed.
- Erroneous reductions in pH are avoided with Vetstix-11 strips. Incorporated strip technology helps prevent runoff of chemistry into neighboring pads. To prevent any chance that runoff from the highly acidic protein test pads can cause incorrect reduction in pH results, the Vetstix-11 strips are placed in a safe position - two test pads removed from the protein pad.
- Vetstix-11 reliably detects the presence of ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) in urine often present from supplemented feeds and vitamin supplements. Ascorbate has been shown to give under value or false negative glucose results with urine ascorbate levels of only 25mg/dl. Ascorbate may also affect Bilirubin, Nitrite, Blood, Leukocyte and Urobilinogen levels. Vetstix-11 insures that your clinical judgment is best served when the value of Vitamin C in urine is reliably known.
Vetstix-11 Vet features a reliable eleven parameter urinalysis strip:
- Occult Blood
- Specific Gravity
- Ascorbic Acid