Snuggle Safe®Microwave Heatpad for Animals
Before You Start
SnuggleSafe is for use in domestic microwaves only (max 1,400 watts). Make sure that functions such as grilling or browning (if available on your microwave) are switched off. Make sure that your oven interior is clean, especially the turntable. Food and drink residue can affect the heating performance of the heatpad and could result in overheating. Do not heat more than one SnuggleSafe at a time
- Place SnuggleSafe on the microwave turntable, select full power and set the timer according to the chart. (If your microwave does not have a turntable, we recommend that you heat SnuggleSafe for 50% (half) of its recommended time, then turn it over (flip) and heat for the remaining time. This will ensure that it is heated as evenly as possible. Turn the microwave off while you flip the product.)
- When you have selected the correct time, start the timer.
- When the time cycle has finished, leave the SnuggleSafe in the microwave for another minute. During this extra minute, the SnuggleSafe will continue to heat up, even though the power is off. After this extra minute, the temperature of SnuggleSafe will have established.
- Before removing from the microwave, visually check that you have not accidentally overheated the bottle (see Safety Warning overleaf). When satisfied that the bottle has not been overheated, remove it from the microwave.
- Place SnuggleSafe under your pet's bedding or under a loose blanket. If a cover is fitted to the heatpad, it is not necessary to place it under bedding, but you must ensure that your pet cannot touch the heatpad's surface which will be hot. Ideally, there should be good insulation under SnuggleSafe, as this will help to reduce heat loss downwards, thereby extending the heat output.
- Do not place an uncovered SnuggleSafe in direct contact with your pet's body as this might cause skin burns in some circumstances. Do not use with anu animal that is unconscious or otherwise unable to react to thermal discomfort.
Using Your SnuggleSafe
|600-650 watts||8 minutes|
|700-750 watts||7 minutes|
|800-850 watts||6 minutes|
|900-1,000 watts||5 minutes|
|1,100-1,200 watts||4 minutes|
|1,300-1,400 watts||2 1/2 minutes|
Do Not Exceed The Stated Times
The bottle will be hot. (Surface temperature approx 65°C/149°F). If not in its cover, you should use an oven glove or cloth to handle it.
Allow SnuggleSafe to completely cool down before reheating.
Clean Snuggle Safe by wiping with a damp cloth or spraying lightly with disinfectant and wiping dry. Do not use abrasive substances or scourers.
- Do not exceed the heating times
- Overheating can damage the heatpad and may cause injury
- Do not allow animals to bite or chew SnuggleSafe
- Any Guarantee is invalid if the product has been overheated or damaged
- If the product has misshapened, It has been overheated and should not be used again.
The SnuggleSafe heatpad contains Thermapol™ which is non-toxic. When the product is heated correctly and in accordance with these instructions, Thermapol remains predominantly in a solid state (approx 65°C/149°F). If the product is overheated, Thermapol will start to liquefy and if the product is seriously overheated its plastic casing will eventually melt-down, allowing the Thermapol to leak out. "Serious overheating" is 300-400% beyond the correct heating time (for example, in a 900-1,000w microwave where the correct heating time is 5 minutes, melt-down and leakage could occur after 20 minutes heating). Over heating will not cause the product to "explode", so Thermapol will leak from its casing without impact.
If the product appears in an way deformed or leakage is apparent, overheating has occurred. Do not open the microwave door until at least one minute after you have turned off the power, then open the door with caution and DO NOT TOUCH OR DISTURB THE CASING OR THE THERMAPOL AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE PRODUCT FROM THE MICROWAVE UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY COOLLED DOWN. If leakage has occurred, Thermapol will be dangerously hot. When cool, Thermapol will have returned to its solid state and can be removed from hard surfaces with hot water or can be scraped off by using a suitable implement.
Persons who are not familiar with the operation of microwave ovens or who may not be competent with their use, should seek the advice and assistance of a competent person. If there is any doubt in this respect, do not use. Do not take risks. Do not allow children to heat the product unless properly supervised. Do not heat in a conventional oven or by any other method.
Understand this the product's casing and its ingredients will always react to heat in a per-determined way. Used correctly, it can never distort or melt-down prematurely. If distortion occurs and/or its contents leak out, it has been overheated
The makers and their agents/distributors are not liable for any incidental or consequential damage resulting from he use of this product.
It is recommended that you replace the heatpad after 3 years; make a note of the purchase date and be sure to retain these instructions in a safe place.
The SnuggleSafe bottle and its contents (Thermapol™) are recyclable.
A SnuggleSafe heatpad must never come into direct contact with an animal. At all times the heatpad should be fitted with a cover, or suitable bedding should be place between it and the animal. We do not recommend the use of the heatpad with anesthetized or unconscious animals because they cannot react to thermal discomfort and this could result in skin burns. Recovering animals which use the heatpad should be monitored to ensure that they can move from the heat if necessary. Never re-heat a SnuggleSafe heatpad until it has completely cooled down.