Snuggle Safe®Microwave Heatpad for Animals
Before You Start
SnuggleSafe is for use in domestic microwaves only (max 1,400 watts). Make sure that functions such as grilling or browning (if available on your microwave) are switched off. Make sure that your oven interior is clean, especially the turntable. Food and drink residue can affect the heating performance of the heatpad and could result in overheating. Do not heat more than one SnuggleSafe at a time
- Place SnuggleSafe on the microwave turntable, select full power and set the timer according to the chart. (If your microwave does not have a turntable, we recommend that you heat SnuggleSafe for 50% (half) of its recommended time, then turn it over (flip) and heat for the remaining time. This will ensure that it is heated as evenly as possible. Turn the microwave off while you flip the product.)
- When you have selected the correct time, start the timer.
- When the time cycle has finished, leave the SnuggleSafe in the microwave for another minute. During this extra minute, the SnuggleSafe will continue to heat up, even though the power is off. After this extra minute, the temperature of SnuggleSafe will have established.
- Before removing from the microwave, visually check that you have not accidentally overheated the bottle (see Safety Warning overleaf). When satisfied that the bottle has not been overheated, remove it from the microwave.
- Place SnuggleSafe under your pet's bedding or under a loose blanket. If a cover is fitted to the heatpad, it is not necessary to place it under bedding, but you must ensure that your pet cannot touch the heatpad's surface which will be hot. Ideally, there should be good insulation under SnuggleSafe, as this will help to reduce heat loss downwards, thereby extending the heat output.
- Do not place an uncovered SnuggleSafe in direct contact with your pet's body as this might cause skin burns in some circumstances. Do not use with anu animal that is unconscious or otherwise unable to react to thermal discomfort.
Using Your SnuggleSafe
|600-650 watts||8 minutes|
|700-750 watts||7 minutes|
|800-850 watts||6 minutes|
|900-1,000 watts||5 minutes|
|1,100-1,200 watts||4 minutes|
|1,300-1,400 watts||2 1/2 minutes|
Do Not Exceed The Stated Times
The bottle will be hot. (Surface temperature approx 65°C/149°F). If not in its cover, you should use an oven glove or cloth to handle it.
Allow SnuggleSafe to completely cool down before reheating.
Clean Snuggle Safe by wiping with a damp cloth or spraying lightly with disinfectant and wiping dry. Do not use abrasive substances or scourers.
- Do not exceed the heating times
- Overheating can damage the heatpad and may cause injury
- Do not allow animals to bite or chew SnuggleSafe
- Any Guarantee is invalid if the product has been overheated or damaged
- If the product has misshapened, It has been overheated and should not be used again.
The SnuggleSafe heatpad contains Thermapol™ which is non-toxic. When the product is heated correctly and in accordance with these instructions, Thermapol remains predominantly in a solid state (approx 65°C/149°F). If the product is overheated, Thermapol will start to liquefy and if the product is seriously overheated its plastic casing will eventually melt-down, allowing the Thermapol to leak out. "Serious overheating" is 300-400% beyond the correct heating time (for example, in a 900-1,000w microwave where the correct heating time is 5 minutes, melt-down and leakage could occur after 20 minutes heating). Over heating will not cause the product to "explode", so Thermapol will leak from its casing without impact.
If the product appears in an way deformed or leakage is apparent, overheating has occurred. Do not open the microwave door until at least one minute after you have turned off the power, then open the door with caution and DO NOT TOUCH OR DISTURB THE CASING OR THE THERMAPOL AND DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REMOVE THE PRODUCT FROM THE MICROWAVE UNTIL IT HAS COMPLETELY COOLLED DOWN. If leakage has occurred, Thermapol will be dangerously hot. When cool, Thermapol will have returned to its solid state and can be removed from hard surfaces with hot water or can be scraped off by using a suitable implement.
Persons who are not familiar with the operation of microwave ovens or who may not be competent with their use, should seek the advice and assistance of a competent person. If there is any doubt in this respect, do not use. Do not take risks. Do not allow children to heat the product unless properly supervised. Do not heat in a conventional oven or by any other method.
Understand this the product's casing and its ingredients will always react to heat in a per-determined way. Used correctly, it can never distort or melt-down prematurely. If distortion occurs and/or its contents leak out, it has been overheated
The makers and their agents/distributors are not liable for any incidental or consequential damage resulting from he use of this product.
It is recommended that you replace the heatpad after 3 years; make a note of the purchase date and be sure to retain these instructions in a safe place.
The SnuggleSafe bottle and its contents (Thermapol™) are recyclable.
A SnuggleSafe heatpad must never come into direct contact with an animal. At all times the heatpad should be fitted with a cover, or suitable bedding should be place between it and the animal. We do not recommend the use of the heatpad with anesthetized or unconscious animals because they cannot react to thermal discomfort and this could result in skin burns. Recovering animals which use the heatpad should be monitored to ensure that they can move from the heat if necessary. Never re-heat a SnuggleSafe heatpad until it has completely cooled down.
- Keeps indoor animals more comfy and helps keep my outdoor ferals alive and perhaps even cozy. Heck if I had chickens I'd get some for them on freezing nights. I don't even use level 10. It's level 9 for me and the things work great. Love this product.
- Wish I could find some soft ones of this quality. The animal surely won't like to lay on it (hard surface) but I tuck it along the side of their beds and still have happy cats.
- Stays warm for hours if covered. Easy to heat up and easy to clean.
I do not know why, but when I ordered 3 discs, 2 discs and their packaging were fine, the 3rd had puncture holes in the outer packaging, like it had been chewed on by an animal.
The company sent a replacement out immediately, which was damaged in the same manner (as the original) when it was received.
I contacted customer support again, and sent them photos of the packaging. The C/S rep I spoke to agreed, that these items should have never been shipped out in this condition.
A replacement was sent out again, and arrived fine and the company even made a partial refund of the purchase price of the 3 warming discs.
The C/S rep told me he was going to go to the warehouse and bring this matter to the manager's attention.
I feel the company stood behind their product, gave me prompt service, and made my purchase correct.
I will continue to purchase from this company as needs arise.
- These warming discs can mean the difference between life and death in premature or new born kittens (and probably other animals) when they are separated from their mother for any number of reasons. I've purchased these for two separate rescues that I help support, one in Arkansas and the other in Wyoming.
- Warehouse personnel need to be observant when picking and packaging shipments to ensure that not only the product itself but any protective covering is not damaged.
- holds heat for hours. easy to clean/disinfect (hard surface!). fits in the center of a round cat bed easily. great for keeping baby chicks warm in the brooder, as well as aged cats! so easy to heat in microwave.
- it is a hard surface, so having bedding to tuck over it is good. The chicks don't notice, and our catbed had a foam rubber layer that lifted for the original heating pad to fit in, so this went in there too and there was a 'floor' of padding then between the warmer and the cat. If the power goes out & you haven't warmed it yet you'll not be able to. (I find the cons very minor and this product is basically brilliant, but thought I would mention them)
- They stay warm a long time.
- Works as advertised. Easy to heat and handle. Has a great little fleece cover. Best of all, keeps kitties warm all night!
- It's warm. It's easy.
- Hard as a rock.
You won\'t be disappointed with this product.