This item is excluded from shipping to Maine (ME)
|Active Ingredients||% By Weight|
- Insert end of the collar through the buckle. Adjust the collar around the animal's neck without tightening it too tight or leaving it too loose.
- As a guide, it should be possible to only insert 2 fingers comfortably between the collar and the neck.
- Pull excess collar thru the loop(s). Collar length of greater that 1 inch (2 cm) beyond the loop(s) should be cut off unless it is on a growing puppy, where some additional length may be needed for adjustment as the animal grows.
- After application of the collar, three reflector clips may be fixed permanently to the collar to increase the animal's visibility in the dark. Take the clips out of the bag. The clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar. The clips are correctly applied when a clicking sound is heard. For safety reasons once the reflectors are fixed to the collar the clasp closes permanently and cannot be re-opened.
The collar should be worn continuously for the 8 month protection period. Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially when puppies are rapidly growing. Rarely, mild application site reactions may occur, such as scratching, redmess and hairloss, which usually recover within 1-2 weeks without the need for collar removal. In some cases, temporary collar removal and bathing may be recommended until symptoms have disappeared. In very rare cases, application site reactions, such as dermatitis, inflammation, eczema or lesions may occur. In these instances, immediately. If your animal is on medicaiton, consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.This collar is designed with a release mechanism. In the unlikely event of a dog being trapped, the dog's own strength is sufficient to widen the collar to allow for quick release. Replace the collar after 8 months for optimal tick and flea protection.
It is a violation of federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Do not contaminate feed or food.
Occasionally slight itching may be observed in animals that are not used to wearing collars in the first few days after fitting. ensure that the collar is not fitted too tightly. Slight hair loss and mild skin reactions due to the mechanical irritation of the collar may occur at the application site which usually recover within 1 or 2 weeks without the need for collar removal. For further guidance regarding individual animal sensitivities. In case of loss of collar, a new collar may be applied immediately. Do not attach a leash to the collar as this may cause breakage.
Storage DirectionsKeep the collar in the bag and in the outer packaging until use. As with any pesticide product, do not allow small children to play with the collar or reflectors, or to put them into their mouths. Avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and cold water after fitting the collar. People with sensitivity reactions to the ingredients of the collar should avoid contact with the collar. Choking hazard. Contains small parts. Do not place collar or reflectors in mouth. Not intended for use on humans.
For external use on dogs only. Do not use on other animals. Do not use on puppies under seven weeks of age. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, breeding, pregnant, or nursing animals. Individual sensitivities, while rare, may occur agter using ANY pesticide product for pets.
The Bayer Polymer Matrix System ensures that both active ingredients are slowly and continuously released in low concentrations from the collar towards the animal. This avoids peak concentrations and ensures that concentrations of both active ingredients are present in the dog's haircoat during the entire efficacy period. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the entire skin surface.
When can I bathe my dog after application of Seresto® for dogs?
We recommend bathing BEFORE applying product. Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. In order to maintain an eight-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to 5 months for flea control and reduced to 7 months for tick control. There is no need to remove the collar for bathing. Please use a non-stripping, pet shampoo.
How often can I allow my dog to swim when using Seresto® for dogs?
Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. For dogs that swim once a month or more, the control duration is reduced to 5 months for flea control and reduced to 7 months for tick control. There is no need to remove the collar for swimming.
How often can I bathe my dog when using Seresto® for dogs?
- No more Ticks or Fleas.
- Expensive but well worth it.
l would give it a try. I get my dog a bath on 3/27/2021, once he dried, I put the Seresto Collar on him. Our experience so far has not been good as of 4/11/2021. Last week I had to give him a different treatment. He was biting and scratching himself. He still has on the Seresto Collar. To me the claims for this collar are false. Kills fleas in 2 hours. Kills re-infesting fleas in 2 hours. I looked at him this morning and he has flea bites all over his body. I wished that I had never purchased this collar. It has yet to kill any fleas.
- It's an over priced flea collar that do not kill fleas.
- I didnt get my discount and i mentioned it and still nothing.The coupon or discount doesnt exist.
Not only is Seresto an ugly collar for my princess, it doesn't work... I'm not happy right now.
- - Ugly
- - Doesn't work
But this year so far, three ticks have been carried home. We have not changed where we walk/hike. We do not walk in brush, but the dogs have always liked to smell along the edge of brush and woods.
I have told several families about how wonderful this product is, yet this spring I am finding myself very disappointed.
- I have in the past not once seen a tick on either dog.
- This year, 2019, had three ticks on dogs.
Removed the collar and gave him a thorough bath with Dawn dish soap and he came back to his usual playful self.
Tossed away the collar will never use this product again.
- Side effects
I will not be buying anymore of these expensive collars! Very disappointed.
- It can get wet (rain, swimming) with no problem to effectiveness.
I had them in no time and my dogs have not had any issues with fleas or ticks since. I love the reflectors as well.
- Don't have to worry for the next 8 months
- Reflectors work well
- They work for 8 months, not taken orally or rubbed on topically!
- Collar comes off easily and is expensive to replace.
- It works.
Stella and Chloe. We will be using these from now on. Just don't want to put the pills in their bodies any longer. Love love love Seresto! You won't be diss appointed. So easy to put on and they send a sticker to put on your calendar to remind you to reorder. Brilliant!
- Easy, no odor, great price
- Easy to use. No monthly maintenance required like Frontline. No mess.
- Very dangerous product. Can destroy your pet.
- no worries for 8 months
- Great price. Free shipping. Collars work GREAT!
- There are no cons.