|Pet Door Style/Size||Pet Door Model #||Pet Door Flap Size||Recommended Weight Range of Pet|
|Medium||SGM||7" x 11-1/4"||13 to 35 Lbs.|
|Extra Large||SGXL||10-1/2" x 15"||36 to 90 Lbs.|
To determine the correct size door simply measure the width and height of your pet:
- Measure the widest point of your pets shoulder to obtain the width measurement.
- Measure from the top of your pets back (just behind his head) to the bottom of chest to obtain the height measurement.
- Safety Goggles
- Tape Measure
- Felt-Tip Marker
- Side Cut Pliers or Tin Snips
- Utility Knife
- Philips Screwdriver or Electric Screw Driver with Phillips Bit
Tools Required for Installation
Screen-Guard Pet Door Installation Instructions
- Measure the distance from floor to your pet's shoulder and add 2". Transfer this measurement to screen guard on screen door and mark with the felt tipped marker.
- Place level on mark and center the bubble. Next, with the felt tipped marker, make a line along the top of the level onto the screen guard.
- Align top of template to this line and allow at least 2" from side and bottom of template to edges of screen guard. Tape template securely in place.
- Remove the screen door from track and place on clean garage floor with screen guard side up.
- Using side cut pliers or tin snips, carefully cut screen guard following the inside edge of template. Remove cut screen guard section and template and discard. Turn entire screen door over with screen guard side down.
- With a sharp utility knife, carefully cut fly screen material following the cut out in the screen guard as a guide. Remove cut fly screen section and discard.
- Place the plastic frame under screen door and screen guard with screw holes facing up. Line up frame opening with cutout.
- Next, peel off tape covering all around the inside aluminum frame and place the frame, tape side down, into the cutout, lining up the plastic outside frame with the aluminum inside frame.
- Place the eight (8) screws (supplied into the eight (8) pre-dilled holes in the aluminum frame and attach securely. Do not over-tighten.
- Lift entire screen door off floor and replace into screen door track. our new Scree-Guard Pet Door is now ready for use. A self-locking slide is also included if you wish to restrict pet access in or out.
As with any home improvement project, if you do not have tools or skills to properly install your pet door, we suggest using a professional handyman or licensed contractor.