|Pet Door Style/Size||Pet Door Model #||Thickness Range for Door Frame or Wall||Pet Door Flap Size||Pet Door Cutout Size||Recommended Weight Range of Pet|
|Medium||PPDSM||1-1/4" to1-3/4"||6-5/8" x 11-1/4"||8-1/4" x 13-3/4"||13 to 35 Lbs.|
|Extra Large||PPDSXL||1-1/4" to1-3/4"||10-1/4" x 15-3/4"||12-1/4" x 17-1/8"||36 to 90 Lbs.|
To determine the correct size door simply measure the width and height of your pet:
- Measure the widest point of your pets shoulder to obtain the width measurement.
- Measure from the top of your pets back (just behind his head) to the bottom of chest to obtain the height measurement.
- Hammer and Awl (or Nail)
- Drill, 3/16" & 3/8" Drill Bits
- Sabre Saw
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Safety Gloves
Tools Required for Installation
Premium Draft Stopper Pet Door Installation Instructions
- Determine Pet Door Placement - Center template (width) in middle of door and tape in place. Position the top of the template 2" taller than your pet's shoulder. Important: Under no circumstances should the bottom edge of the rough opening be less than 4" from the bottom edge of your door.
- Outline Pet Door Opening - With template tape in place, use a pencil to draw around the outside edge of template onto door. Use a nail or awl to mark the centerpoint of the four - 3/8" diameter inside edge corner holes (two at top and two at bottom).
- Cutting The Opening - Drill four 3/8" diameter individual holes ( the inside edge corner locations will serve as a guide). Next: Remove template. Begin with one of the inside edge corner holes and using a sabre saw, carefully cut along the pencil line.
- Drilling The Hardware Holes - Insert the inside frame (B) (with flap. Using it as a guide, drill the four 3/16" pilot holes. Remove the frame and increase the holes to 3/8" diameter.
- Assembly & Adjustment (see Diagram) - Insert outside frame (A) (no flap) into opening. Make certain frame is flush with door surface. Caulking is recommended under outside frame. Place inside frame (B) (with flap) into opening from insde of door, hold in place. Install screws (C) into binder posts (D) and tighten until snug. Do not over tighten.
- Locking Your Pet Door - Slide self-locking slide (E) into guide channels located on inside of pet door opening.
Note: Uneven Surfaced Doors: If your door has an uneven surface, after cutting the rough opening, build up the lowest area with a wood frame thick enough to make an even door surface. If both sides of your door are uneven, repeat the process for the other side.
Cleaning The Flap: Use a clean rag and fresh water to remove any dirt and grime that may accumulate on the flap panel surface. DO NOT USE strong detergents, pine or lemon oil or an type of solvents as these will permanently damage the flap panels and flexible hinges.
As with any home improvement project, if you do not have the tools or skills to properly install your pet door, we suggest using a professional handy person or licensed contractor.