All sales are Final. No returns or exchanges.
|Pet Door Style/Size||Pet Door Model #||Thickness Range for Door||Pet Door Flap Size||Pet Door Cutout Size||Recommended Weight Range of Pet|
|Small||DSPPDS||1-¼" to 2"||5" x 7"||6-¼" x 9-½"||2 to 12 Lbs.|
|Medium||DSPPDM||1-¼" to 2"||7" x 11 ¼"||8-¼" x 13-½"||13 to 35 Lbs.|
|Extra Large||DSPPDXL||1-¼" to 2"||10 ½" x 15"||11-3/4" x 17-½"||36 to 90 Lbs.|
|Super Large||DSPPDSL||1-¼" to 2"||15" x 20"||16-½" x 22-¼"||91 to 120 Lbs.|
How to Measure Your Ideal Pet
To determine the correct size door simply measure the width (A) and height (B) of your pet.
(A) Measure the widest point of your pets shoulder
(B) Measure from the top of your pets back (just behind his head) to the bottom of chest.
Plastic And Airseal Pet Door Installation
Tools Required for Installation
- Tape Measure
- Hammer and Awl (or Nail)
- Drill and ⅜" Drill Bit Sabre Saw
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Safety Goggles
- Determine template placement - Use the plastic slide as the template. Measure your pet from floor to shoulder and add 2" Next, transfer this measurement to door and use a level to mark a straight edge at this measurement. Center the slide/template in middle of door and align top edge of template cutout to the straight edge mark. Important! Under No Circumstances Should The Bottom Edge Of The Slide/Template Cutout Be Less Than 4" From The Bottom Edge Of Your Door.
- Outline pet door opening - With plastic slide/template held in place, use a pencil to draw around the outside edge of slide/template onto door. Use a nail or awl to mark four inside edge corner cutout starter holes for drilling.
- Drilling holes - Remove the slide/template and drill the four ⅜" diameter individual corner cutout starter holes.
- Cutting the opening - Using a sabre saw, begin with one of the outside edge cutout starter holes and carefully cut along the pencil line all the way around. Remove the cutout section when completed.
- Assembly & Adjustment - Insert outer frame (no flap) into opening from exterior side. Make certain frame is flush with door surface. Caulking is recommended under outer frame. Place inner frame (with flap) into opening from inside of door, hold in place, then install screws and tighten until snug. Do not over-tighten.
Cleaning The Flap: Use a clean rag and fresh water to remove any dirt and grime that may accumulate on the flap panel surface.
DO NOT USE strong detergents, pine or lemon oil or any types of solvents as these will permanently damage the flap panels and flexible hinges.
As with any home improvement project, if you do not have the tools or skills to properly install your pet door, we suggest using a professional handy person or licensed contractor.