|Pet Door Style/Size||Pet Door Model #||Thickness Range for Door||Pet Door Flap Size||Pet Door Cutout Size||Recommended Weight Range of Pet|
|Small||DSPPDS||1-1/4" to 2"||5" x 7"||6-1/4" x 9-1/2"||2 to 12 Lbs.|
|Medium||DSPPDM||1-1/4" to 2"||7" x 11 1/4"||8-1/4" x 13-1/2"||13 to 35 Lbs.|
|Extra Large||DSPPDXL||1-1/4" to 2"||10 1/2" x 15"||11-3/4" x 17-1/2"||36 to 90 Lbs.|
|Super Large||DSPPDSL||1-1/4" to 2"||15" x 20"||16-1/2" x 22-1/4"||91 to 120 Lbs.|
To determine the correct size door simply measure the width and height of your pet:
- Measure the widest point of your pets shoulder to obtain the width measurement.
- Measure from the top of your pets back (just behind his head) to the bottom of chest to obtain the height measurement.
- Tape Measure
- Hammer and Awl (or Nail)
- Drill and 3/8" Drill Bit
- Sabre Saw
- Phillips Screwdriver
- Safety Goggles
Tools Required for Installation
Plastic And Airseal Pet Door Installation
- Determine template placement - Use the plastic slide as the template. Measure your pet from floor to shoulder and add 2" Next, transfer this measurement to door and use a level to mark a strait edge at this measurement. Center the slide/template in middle of door and align top edge of template cutout to the straight edge mark. IMPORTANT!!! Under No Circumstances Should The Bottom Edge Of The Slide/Template Cutout Be Less Than 4" From the Bottom Edge of Your Door.
- Outline pet door opening - With plastic slide/template held in place, use a pencil to draw around the outside edge of slide/template onto door. Use a nail or awl to mark four inside edge corner cutout starter holes for drilling.
- Drilling holes - Remove the slide/template and drill the four 3/8" diameter individual corner cutout starter holes.
- Cutting the opening - Using a sabre saw, begin with one of the outside edge cutout starter holes and carefully cut along the pencil line all the way around. Remove the cutout section when completed.
- Assembly & Adjustment - Insert outer frame (no flap) into opening from exterior side. Make certain frame is flush with door surface. Caulking is recommended under outer frame. Place inner frame (with flap) into opening from inside of door, hold in place, then install screws and tighten until snug. Do not over-tighten.
Cleaning The Flap: Use a clean rag and fresh water to remove any dirt and grime that may accumulate on the flap panel surface.
DO NOT USE strong detergents, pine or lemon oil or any type of solvents as these will permanently damage the flap panels and flexible hinges.
As with any home improvement project, if you do not have tools or skills to properly install your pet door, we suggest using a professional handyman or licensed contractor.