$5 OFF! This item qualifies for an instant discount when added to cart. Can't be combined with other promotions.
|Crude Protein (min)
|Crude Fat (min)
|Crude Fiber (max)
Calorie Content (calculated):
(4 Calories Per Treat) 4,000 kcal/kg ME - 4 kcal/treat ME
Buckwheat Flour, Salmon, Vegetable Glycerin, Dried Apple Pomace, Natural Flavors, Citric Acid, Mixed tocopherols.
- Start with a calm training environment: Find a quiet and distraction-free area where you can focus on training your dog. Minimize any potential distractions that might hinder the training process.
- Break the treats into small pieces: These treats are already small, but you may need to break them into even smaller pieces depending on the size of your dog and the training exercise. Use your fingers or a treat cutter to break them apart into bite-sized portions.
- Use treats as rewards: During the training session, use the treats as rewards to reinforce desired behaviors. When your dog successfully follows a command or exhibits good behavior, immediately give them a treat as positive reinforcement.
- Timing is key: Give the treat immediately after your dog performs the desired behavior. This helps your dog associate the treat with the correct action, reinforcing the training effectively.
- Limit treat intake: While training, it's important to control the amount of treats your dog consumes. This prevents overfeeding and maintains a healthy balance. Remember, these treats are intended for training purposes and should not replace your dog's regular meals.
- Be consistent: Use the treats consistently during training sessions to establish a strong association between the treat and the desired behavior. This consistency helps your dog understand what is expected of them and encourages them to repeat the behavior for future rewards.
- Gradually reduce treat dependency: As your dog becomes more proficient in their training, gradually reduce the frequency of treat rewards. Instead, incorporate verbal praise, petting, or other forms of positive reinforcement to reinforce good behavior. This helps your dog transition from treat dependency to responding to verbal cues alone.
- Store the treats properly: After each training session, ensure that you store the treats in a cool, dry place to maintain their freshness and palatability. Follow the storage instructions provided on the product packaging.
Remember, training should be a positive and enjoyable experience for both you and your dog. Use the Lil' Bitz Wild Salmon + Kelp Training Treats as a tool to motivate and reward your dog during their training journey.