Hill's Science Diet Adult Large Breed Light with Chicken Meal & Barley Dry Dog Food, 30-lb Bag
|Crude Protein||20.0% min|
|Crude Fat||5.5% min|
|Crude Fiber||14.0% max|
|Vitamin E||400 IU/kg min|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)||85 mg/kg min|
|Carnitine||200 ppm min|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids||1.5% min|
Calorie Content (calculated):
Chicken Meal, Cracked Pearled Barley, Pea Fiber, Whole Grain Wheat, Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Whole Grain Sorghum, Powdered Cellulose, Chicken Liver Flavor, Soybean Oil, Dried Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Lactic Acid, Pork Flavor, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, Iodized Salt, Choline Chloride, Calcium Carbonate, vitamins (Vitamin E Supplement, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate (source of Vitamin C), Niacin Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement), minerals (Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Sodium Selenite), Taurine, Oat Fiber, Mixed Tocopherols for freshness, L-Carnitine, Natural Flavors, Beta-Carotene, Apples, Broccoli, Carrots, Cranberries, Green Peas.
- Daily Feeding Amount:
- Determine the appropriate daily feeding amount based on your large breed adult dog's weight. Refer to the guidelines on the packaging to ensure precise portioning.
- Adjust as Needed:
- Monitor your dog's condition and adjust the feeding amount as needed to maintain optimal body weight. If your large breed dog tends to gain weight, reduce the daily feeding amount; if they lose weight, increase it.
- Transition Gradually:
- If transitioning to Hill's Science Diet from another dog food, introduce it gradually over a 7-day period. Mix increasing amounts of the new food with decreasing amounts of the previous food to avoid digestive upset during the transition.
- Provide Fresh Water:
- Always ensure that fresh water is available for your large breed dog. Hydration is crucial for their overall health and well-being.
- Meal Frequency:
- For most large breed dogs, feeding twice daily is recommended. Consult with your veterinarian to determine the best meal frequency based on your specific dog's needs.
Feeding your large breed adult dog with Hill's Science Diet Adult Large Breed Light with Chicken Meal & Barley Dry Dog Food supports their weight management goals while providing essential nutrients for their daily health and energy needs. Adjust the feeding amount based on your dog's individual requirements.
|Weight of Dog||Weight Loss (cups)||Weight Management (cups)|
|50 lb||2 ⅔||3 ¾|
|60 lb||3||4 ¼|
|80 lb||3 ¾||5 ⅓|
|90 lb||4 ¼||5 ¾|
|100 lb||4 ½||6 ⅓|
|110 lb||4 ¾||6 ¾|
|120 lb||5 ¼||7 ¼|
|130 lb||5 ½||7 ⅔|
|140 lb||5 ¾||8 ¼|
|160 lb||6 ½||9|