Flea Facts- know your enemy
- One flea can produce 2,000 eggs in its lifetime.
- 95% of flea stages are present in the environment rather than on the pet. These environmental stages can survive up to 365 days.
- Fleas can reproduce year-round in southern climates.
- Flea-allergic pets and their housemates must be treated aggressively to reduce the flea burden to the lowest possible level.
- All animals in a household must be treated, not just the Flea Allergy Dermatitis (FAD) individual.
- While pets can become reinfested from sources other than the home (e.g., parks, kennels, backyards and woods), in the majority of cases, control requires a focus on what's happening at home.
- Flea control products must be used at the correct dosage and year-round, depending on the pet's history.
- Zoonotic risk from flea infestation is currently unknown but is a potential concern. (Fleas becoming a problem for humans)
Flea Control On Pets:
Flea Control in Home:
Flea Control Outdoors: