The Eazi-Breed CIDR Cattle Insert Applicator is a precision tool designed to make the insertion of CIDR inserts in cattle a straightforward process. To ensure accurate and comfortable insertions, follow these steps:
- Prepare the Applicator:
- Ensure that the applicator is clean and in good working condition.
- Lubricate the tip of the applicator to facilitate smooth insertion.
- Handle CIDR Inserts Carefully:
- Take the CIDR insert out of its packaging gently, ensuring it remains in good condition until insertion.
- Position the Cattle:
- Secure the cattle in a safe and comfortable position to minimize stress during the insertion process.
- Gently insert the applicator into the sheep's vagina, following the guidelines provided with the CIDR insert.
- Ensure the CIDR insert is accurately placed and remains comfortable for the cattle. The applicator's handle will assist in this process.
- Apply Steady, Gentle Pressure:
- Use a slow, steady hand to advance the applicator to the desired depth while maintaining cattle comfort.
- Remove the Applicator:
- Once the CIDR insert is in place, carefully remove the applicator, ensuring that the CIDR remains in the correct position.
- Maintain accurate records of the CIDR insertions in your cattle herd. Note the insertion dates for each animal.
- Observe the cattle for any signs of discomfort or distress after insertion. Ensure they are well cared for during this period.
Please note that this applicator is a precision tool, and its proper use is crucial for successful CIDR insertions. If you encounter any difficulties or have questions about the insertion process, it's advisable to consult with your veterinarian or a cattle management expert for guidance.