Dectomax (Doramectin) Pour-On Antiparasitic for Cattle, 2.5 Liter
To ensure effective parasite control and the well-being of your cattle, follow these dosage and administration guidelines for Dectomax Pour-On Antiparasitic:
- Calculate the dosage based on the weight of the individual cattle. The recommended dosage is 1 mL of Dectomax Pour-On per 22 pounds (10 kg) of body weight.
- Use a cattle weigh tape or scales for accurate weight measurement.
- Administer the appropriate dosage directly along the backline of the cattle.
- Ensure that the cattle's back is dry and free from excessive dirt and debris.
- Part the hair and apply Dectomax Pour-On in a narrow strip down the middle of the backline.
- Apply the solution evenly from the withers (base of the neck) to the tailhead, using a consistent, slow-pouring motion.
- Avoid spilling or runoff, ensuring the product is applied directly to the skin.
- For cattle with a higher weight than the calculated dosage, adjust the amount accordingly.
- To prevent overdosing, avoid re-administering within 21 days.
- Dectomax Pour-On can be applied at any time of the year, depending on your specific parasite control needs.
- Store the product in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and unauthorized individuals.
- Follow all local regulations and consult with a veterinarian for specific recommendations tailored to your cattle's health and parasite control needs.
Always consult with a veterinarian for precise dosing instructions, especially for pregnant or lactating cattle. Following these guidelines will help ensure the effective use of Dectomax Pour-On Antiparasitic for your cattle.