Each capsule contains 2g copper oxide particles (80% w/w of particles are 0.5 ± 0.1 mmin diameter and 1 mm to 8 mm in length).
Seek the advice of a veterinarian or goat husbandry specialist to ascertain copper status and the type of supplementation required for the kid goats under consideration. It is not possible to cover the full range of deficiency states with a simple dosing regimen. Veterinarians should adapt their advice on supplementation to suit local conditions.
Ruminating kid goats over 25 lbs bodyweight / over 5 weeks: 1 capsule. Insert the capsule orally with a suitable applicator. Regurgitation is possible with any capsule if not given properly. To be effective, capsules must be swallowed. Use only intact capsules. Do not crush or break.
- For use in kid goats only.
- Store in a cool (below 85®F) dry place.
- Protect from sunlight.
WARNINGS: Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Do not give to non-ruminating kid goats, kid goats of unknown copper status or those supplemented with other sources of copper.
- Veterinary advice should be sought before supplementing breeds known to be copper sensitive.
- Do not use in kid goats suffering from jaundice or any other liver disorder.
- No other copper supplementation should be given immediately prior to or 6 months after administration of the capsule.
- Excessive levels of molybdenum, sulfur, selenium, or iron in feed or water may impair dietary copper absorption.
How Copasure® Goat works
- The capsule is inserted using a specially designed applicator.
- The copper oxide needles are released from the capsule and lodge in the folds of the animal's stomach lining.
- Store of copper build up in the liver as the rods disintegrate at a steady and consistent rate.
- The copper reserves that have built up in the liver are release gradually for approx. 6 months, depending on species & conditions.
Supplementing your goats with Copasure®
- May create a hostile environment for Barber Pole worms.
- Is effective in both primary and secondary copper deficiency.
- Easy to use - no injections.
- Single applications lasts approx. 6 months.
- Optimum, known amount of copper delivered to each animal.
- Good copper reserves in mother at birthing ensure kid goats have good copper reserves.