|Ingredients per scoop
1 scoop = 3.6 tsp. or 8.5g.
(porcine source of chondroitin sulfate & hyaluronic acid)
|Yucca Root||1200 mg|
|Glucosamin HCI 99%+ pure (shellfish)||625 mg|
|Nettle Leaf||300 mg|
|Devil's Claw||100 mg|
|Celery Seed||50 mg|
|Black Cohosh Root||50 mg|
|Ginger Root||50 mg|
|Tumeric Root||50 mg|
|Cayenne Pepper||5 mg|
Inactive Ingredients: Natural porcine liver flavor
|Weight||Initial (2-4 months)||Maintenance|
|Under 20 lbs||½ scoop per day||¼ scoop per day|
|20-40 lbs||1 scoop per day||½ scoop per day|
|40-60 lbs||1 ½ scoop per day||¾ scoop per day|
|60-80 lbs||2 scoops per day||1 scoop per day|
|80-100 lbs||2 ½ scoops per day||1 ¼ scoops per day|
|100+ lbs||2 scoops per day||1 ½ scoops per day|
Canine Connectin powder comes with a pre-measured scoop. 1 scoop = 3.6 tsp or 8.5g.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why are the Connectin clinical studies important to me?
Here is why:
- Where done using Good Laboratory Practices at a university veterinary hospital.
- The Connectin study was done using the actual Connectin product.
- The study was placebo-controlled, double-blind, multi-armed and used state-of-the-art Forse Plate Analysis.
- The dogs and their humans volunteered for the study because they had tried everything else...and it didn't work.
- Connectin was proven to show significant relief in weight bearing discomfort and increase in mobility...fast and gently.
Why are the herbs in Connectin important? The specially formulated patented herbal base allowes the joint building blocks to be absorbed at the affected site, quickly.
If my pet's food contains glucosamine/chondroitin, do I still need to supplement? Typically the amounts of these ingredients in pet foods dall belowe the amounts required to be effective, especially on animals with severe symptoms. Pet food companies normally report the amount of glucosamine and chondroitin combined in units of ppm or parts per million in the entire bag. Given suggested feeding amounts, 400ppm is only 89.2mg for a 40-60 pound dog.
How long should I give Connectin? Following the directions for daily use, you will see results with Connectin® within 2 weeks (dogs & cats). You will continue to see improvement for 2-4 months. After the positive results have been maintained for several weeks, you may be anle to decrease the daily amount by half the recommended amount. Contine with this maintenance level. Symptoms may return if oyu discontinue use of Connectin®.
How long will one container of Connectin last? The recommended daily level is on the outside of each container.
For a dog weighing 40-60 pounds:
- 12oz powder: 27 days initial use; 54 days maintenance use
- 23oz powder; 51 days initial use; 102 days maintenance use
- 50 ct crunchy tabs: 25 days initial use; 50 days maintenance use
- 150 ct crunchy tabs: 75 days initial use; 150 days maintenance use
- 20 ct soft chews: 10 days initial use; 20 days maintenance use
- 100 ct soft chews: 50 days initial use; 100 days maintenance use
- 300 ct soft chews: 150 days initial use; 200 days maintenance use
For a cat weighing 10 pounds:
- 60 ct tablets: 60 days initial use; 120 day maintenance use
Can Connectin be given to help maintain joint health in a pet without symptoms? We hear this question often. After a pet owner has seen great results when using Connectin® with their affected animal, they wonder whether it would be wise to start their younger pet on Connectin® to help maintain his or her healthy joints. Yes, studies showed that starting your non-affected pet on a maintenance level of Connectin® will help the body maintain healthy joint function.
Is canine Connectin safe to give to a cat? Yes, Connectin for dogs may sefely be given to cats. If you take the Connectin powder for dogs, a cat would get the same amount as a 20 lb dog, ½ scoop to start and ¼ for maintenance.
Which Connectin format is the best? We know from conducting clinical trials on tablet, soft chew and powder formats of Connectin that they are equally effective. Some dogs prefer the soft chews or crunchy tablets, which can be eaten like a snack or broken up and added to food. Some dogs prefer the powder added in with a meal. Choose what's easy for you and your pet.
I give my dog Connectin powder and misplaced my scoop. How much is a scoop? I give my dog Connectin powder and misplaced my scoop. How much is a scoop?
The scoops included with Connectin powder hold 18cc which translates to 3.6 teaspoons or a "generous" tablespoon. One quarter scoop is equal to approximately 1 teaspoon; ½ scoop is approximately 2 teaspoons.
How is Connectin different from other products that claim to be tested? This is where patented Connectin joint supplement is very unique. the very same Connectin that you are using has undergone university studies at an American Veterinary Medical Association accredited veterinary hospital. The double-blind, placebo-controlled studies used the state-of-force-plate analysis, a statistically significant number of dogs participated in the trial and showed significant improvement at a 95% confidence level.
Ask these questions when looking for a tested supplement:
- Were the tests done at an AVMA accredited University?
- Was the complete product tested, or just one of the ingredients?
- Was the trial done on the species the product is for?
- Were there a significantly significant number of animals in the study?