Crazy Kitty Catnip is 100% All Natural and grown high up in the mountains. This is the freshest catnip you'll find anywhere. Your cat will love this catnip!
Put some in it's toys, on it's scratching post or just leave it out for kitty to play with. Watch how your cat reacts. Cats love to paw at, roll in smell and get wired with catnip.
Catnip is 100% safe for cats, there are no side effects to playing in, smelling, or even eating catnip.
This catnip can even be used as a minty tea. However, we recommend you give Krazy Kitty Catnip to your Cat and get your own herbal tea (catnip or other).
Is catnip safe for my cat? A chemical compound called nepetalactone, the primary constituent in the essential oil of catnip, induces a harmless physiological reaction in some cats.
How will my cat respond to catnip? Physiological reactions in cats has been studied extensively, and has been found to induce a psycho sexual response in both male and female cats. One might say that catnip has an aphrodisiac effect. If you are wondering what kind of cat behavior you will see, your cat may have any or all of the following catnip effects:
- Meow, pur and roll in the catnip
- Rub their cheeks against the spot where catnip has been sprinkled
- Get into silly positions such as on their back with paws extended, gazing up at the ceiling
- Run around the room like a kitten playing with its invisible friend
- Settle into a dreamy, sleepy silly pose and not move for awhile.
Cats can be very possessive of their catnip or their catnip toys, and some cats have been aggressive after use. If your cat does become aggressive with catnip use, stop using catnip and consider trying an alternative toy or treat.
How much Krazy Kitty Catnip to use Just a pinch or two will be enough to elicit a change in cat behavior. To activate the catnip, crush the dried buds or leaves between your fingers and then sprinkle onto the floor, into their cat bed, onto their cat furniture or scratching post, onto a favorite toy. Note: it's not a good idea to put on food as it could change kitty's eating habits. Catnip is not-toxic and otherwise fine for cats to eat. This 1.5 oz container will last a LONG TIME!
How long is the shelf life? Catnip will stay active for years and years. But to keep it at its most active, keep in a cupboards away from sunlight, this will ensure more of the nepetalactone will stay intact longer (although not necessary).
Why Use Catnip?
- Treat your cat and unleash it's silly/playful side!
- It may relax your cat (Envision your cat napping on its favorite catnip scented bed).
- Training your cat! Placing a catnip scented scratching post near a favorite couch corner may help your furniture survive.
- Exercise! Put catnip in kitty's toy! Can't put it in the toy, rub it on the toy. Can give new life to an otherwise previously neglected toy.