A single dose of Capstar should kill the adult fleas on your pet. If your pet gets re-infested with fleas, you can safely give another dose as often as once per day please refer to the package insert for complete information.
To give Capstar Tablets, place the pill directly in your pet's mouth or hide it in food. If you hide the pill in food, watch closely to make sure your pet swallows the pill. If you are not sure that your pet swallowed the pill, it is safe to give a second pill.
Treat all infested pets in the household. Fleas can reproduce on untreated pets and allow infestations to persist.
- Capstar can be used with lufenuron to provide a Flea Management system. The two products, when used together, kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching.
- Capstar kills adult fleas that cause flea allergy dermatitis (FAD).
- If you have questions about flea control or medical problems associated with flea infestations, please consult your veterinarian.
Pets may scratch as a result of the fleas dying, but it is a temporary condition and not a reaction to the medication itself.
Not for human use. Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
Store this product at room temperature. Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Possible Side Effects
Lethargy/depression, vomiting, itching, decreased appetite, diarrhea, hyperactivity, incoordination, trembling, seizures, panting, allergic reactions including hives, vocalization, salivation, fever, and nervousness.
Hyperactivity, panting, lethargy, itching, vocalization, vomiting, fever, decreased appetite, nervousness, diarrhea, difficulty breathing, salivation, incoordination, seizures, pupil dilation, increased heart rate, and trembling. There are no known drug or food interactions .
- Works quickly and thoroughly
- The pet can get very jumpy when the fleas start dying. (But that stops after a few hours.)
Upon a recommendation, I gave one to my dog Max. The next day he stopped scratching and there were numerous dead
fleas in his bed. I give him one every two weeks without ill effects. I recommend it to everyone who has pets.
- IT WORKS
- None yet after 4 months