When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including: Red all instructions before using the Andis Clipper.
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning, removing or assembling parts.
To reduce the risk of burns, fire electric shock, or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Andis.
- Never operate this appliance if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an Andis Authorized Service Station for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
- To disconnect turn control to "off" then remove plug from outlet.
- Warning: During use, do not place or leave appliance where it may be
- damaged by an animal or
- exposed to the weather.
Save These Instructions
This Appliance is Intended for Household use
These instructions only apply for clippers that have a 2-prong plug). To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Please read the following instructions before using your new Andis clipper. Give it the care that a fine precision built instrument deserves and it will give you years of service. Before starting clipper remove blade guard. Plug cord into electrical outlet, operate at 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current or as noted on the unit. To start clipper move switch button to "on" position, to stop, move switch button back to original position. After using your Andis clipper, re-wrap cord and store in a safe place.
The internal mechanism of your clipper has been permanently at the factory. Other than the recommended maintenance described in this manual, no other maintenance should be performed, except by Andis Company or an Andis Authorized Service Station.
Care & Servicing of Your Andis Clipper Blades
Blades should be oiled before, during, and and after each use. If your clipper blades leave streaks or slow down, it's a sure sign blades need oil. The clipper should be held in the position shown in Diagram B to prevent oil from getting into the motor. Place a few drops of Andis Clipper Oil on the front and side of the cutter blades (Diagram A). Wipe excess oil off blades with a soft dry cloth. Spray lubricants contain insufficient oil for good lubrication. Always replace broken or nicked blades to prevent injury. You can clean the excess hair from your blades by using a small brush or worn out toothbrush. To clean the blades we suggest to immerse the blades only into a shallow pan of Andis Clipper Oil, while the clipper is running. Any excess hair and dirt that has accumulated between the blades should come out. After cleaning, turn your clipper off and dry blades with a dry cloth and start clipping again.
Factory Repair Service
When the blades of your Andis Clipper become dull after repeated use, it is advised to purchase a new set of blades available through your Andis Supplier or through an Andis Authorized Repair Station listed in this manual. If you wish your clipper to be serviced as well, it should be carefully packed and mailed either Parcel Post Insured, or U.P.S. to any of the Andis Authorized Service Stations listed in this manual.
Replacement (Removal) Of Blade Set
To remove the blades, first unplug the clipper from the electrical outlet. Turn the clipper upside down, so that the blade teeth are pointing down. You may want to place the clipper on a flat surface to do this. Unscrew the screws on the blade (Diagram C). Remove the blades. To replace the blades, put the smaller upper blade back into position (Diagram D). Line up the screw holes in the bottom blade with the two holes in the clipper housing, and replace screws. Do not tighten down screws completely. Turn clipper over and align lower blade so teeth on both blades are parallel, but with lower blade's teeth slightly above the upper blade teeth. Failure to do this may result in nipping the skin when cutting the hair.
Attaching The Clipper Combs
The clipper comb blade attachments mount easily. Just snap them on, Snap them off. You can always set the blades for a coarser cut by attaching any of the snap-on blade attachments made for your Andis Clipper. To use blade attachment, slip the cutter blade teeth into blade attachment. Snap the blade attachment down; they snap on and off easily. These attachments guide hair into the clipper blades and give you precise control of hair lengths. The length of trim is indicated on the blade attachment: 1/16", ⅛", ¼", ⅜", ½", ¾", & 1". Use the chart below to find the approximate lengths of cut. Different blade angels in relation to the skin, thickness and texture of the hair will vary the cutting length.
Clipper Blade Adjustment
Your Andis Adjustable Clipper Blade set is easy to adjust. From coarse to fine cuts, all that's needed is a flick of the adjustment lever with your thumb. In the upright position, blades are set for the finest, or shortest cuts.