When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including the following: Read all instructions before using the Andis clipper.
Danger: To reduce the risk of electric shock:
- Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
- Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
- Do not place or store appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
- Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
- Unplug this appliance before cleaning, removing or assembling parts.
Warning: To reduce the risk of burns, fire electric shock, or injury to persons:
- An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
- Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
- Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Andis.
- Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. return the appliance to an Andis Authorized Service Station for examination and repair.
- Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
- Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
- Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
- Do not use this appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
- To disconnect turn control to "off" then remove plug from outlet.
- Warning: During use, do not place or leave appliance where it may be
- danged by an animal or
- exposed to the weather
Save These Instructions
This product intended for professional use
To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). This plug will fit in a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully in the outlet, reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not change the plug in any way.
Please read the following instructions before using your new Andis clipper. Give it the care that a fine precision built instrument deserves and it will give you years of service. Plug cord into electrical outlet, operate 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current or as noted on unit.
your Andis clipper comes with normal and high speed operation (Diagram A). Use the normal setting (setting #1) for most cutting needs. Use the high speed setting (setting #2) for cutting through heavy hair. To start clipper move switch button by pressing down on the lock mechanism and moving to the #1 or #2 position. To stop, press down on the lock mechanism and move switch button back to original position. After using your Andis clipper, rewrap cord, and store in a safe place.
Removing Blade Set
To remove blade set, first make sure your clipper motor is switched "off". Push blade release mechanism under blade hinge (diagram B). While holding down the blade release mechanism, push down on blade, then gently pull the blade forward (Diagram C), and slide it off the blade hinge. If your blade hinge should snap closed and is flush with the clipper, use a small standard screwdriver to pry the tongue of the hinge out (Diagram D). Note: Hair may accumulate in the front cavity of the housing under the blade. If this happens, you can clean out the hair by brushing out the cavity with a small brush or an old toothbrush while the blade is off the clipper (see Diagram E for location of cavity being referenced).
Replacing or Changing Blade Set
To replace or change your blade set, slide the blade bracket onto the hinge of the clipper (Diagram F) and with the clipper turned "ON", push the blade towards the clipper to lock into position.
The internal mechanism of your motor clipper ha been permanently lubricated by the factory. Other than the recommended maintenance described in this manual, no other maintenance should be performed, except by Andis Company, or an Andis Authorized Service Station. To find an Andis Authorized Service Station near you log on to www.andis.com or contact our customer service department: 1-800-558-9441 (U.S.) or 1-800-335-4093 (Canada).
Due to the high speed nature of Andis clippers, please check for blade heat often especially on close cutting blades. If blades are too hot, dip the blades only into Andis Blade Care Plus or apply Andis Cool Care Plus and then Andis Clipper Oil. If you have a detachable blade unit, you can change your blade in order to maintain a comfortable temperature; using multiple blades of the same size is popular among groomers.
Care and Servicing of Your Andis Clipper Blades
Blades should be oiled before, during, and after each use. If your clipper blades leave streaks or slow down, it's a sure sign blades need oil. Place a few drops of oil on the front and side of the cutter blades (Diagram G). Wipe excess oil off blades with a soft, dry cloth. Spray lubricants contain insufficient oil for good lubrication, but are an excellent clipper blade coolant. Always replace broken or nicked blades to percent injury. You can clean the excess hair from your blades by using a small brush or worn out toothbrush. To clean the blades, we suggest to immerse the blades only into a shallow pan of Andis Clipper Oil, while the clipper is running. Any excess hair and dirts that has accumulated between the blades should come out. After cleaning, turn your clipper off and dry blades with a clean dry cloth and start clipping again.
If upon cleaning your blades you find that the blades will still not cut, there may be a few dine pieces of hair trapped between the upper and lower blade. If this happens, you will need to snap the blade off the clipper. Proceed to slide th upper blade to one side without loosening the tension spring or moving the upper blade completely out from under the tension spring (See Diagram H for position of blade). Wipe the surface between the blades clean with a dry cloth, then place a drop of clipper oil where the upper and lower blades meet and also in the guide slot of the tension spring (Diagram H). Now slide the upper blade to the opposite side of the lower blade and repeat this process. Aster completing this procedure, slide the upper blade, centering it over the lower blade. Handle or store your Andis Clipper with the blades down so excess oil will not run into the clipper case.
Changing the Blade Drive Assembly
If your clipper blades no longer cut properly (be sure to try more than one blade, since the blade currently being used may be dull), it could be that your blade drive assembly needs replacement.
To change the blade drive assembly:
- Remove blade set (Diagram I).
- Remove drive cap (Diagram J).
- Remove blade drive mounting screws (Diagram K).
- Note: Before removing blade drive assembly, note the way it is positioned (this will help you in reassembly). Remove blade drive assembly (diagram L).
- Drive bearing should be at its lowest position, if not, move it with your finger to lowest position (Diagrams M & N).
- Put on new drive assembly, align screw holes and press down (Diagram L).
- Reassemble blade drive by mounting screws (Diagram K).
- Replace drive cap (Diagram J).
- Replace blade (Diagram O).
Factory Repair Service
When the blades of your Andis clipper become dull after repeated use, it is advised to purchase a new set of blades available through your Andis supplier or through an Andis Authorized Service Station. Some blade sets can be resharpened contact Andis Company for information on resharpening. To find an Andis Authorized Service Station near you log on to www.andis.com or contact our customer service department: 1-800-558-9441 (U.S.) or 1-800-335-4093 (Canada).
Never handle your Andis clipper while you are operating a water faucet, and never hold our clipper under a water faucet or in water. There is danger of electrical shock and damage to your clipper. Andis Company will not be responsible in case of injury due to this carelessness.
Also make sure you get the right clippers for your breed.