IMPORTANT SAFEGUARDS: When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including: Red all instructions before using the Andis Clipper.
DANGER: To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
2. Do not use while bathing or in a shower.
3. Do not place or stor appliance where it can fall or be pulled into a tub or sink. Do not place in or drop into water or other liquid.
4. Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after using.
5. Unplug this appliance before cleaning, removing or assembling parts.
WARNING: To reduce the risk of burns, fire electric shock, or injury to persons:
1. An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in.
2. Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on or near children or individuals with certain disabilities.
3. Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use attachments not recommended by Andis.
4. Never operate this appliance if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to an Andis Authorized Service Station for examination and repair.
5. Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
6. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
7. Do not use outdoors or operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where oxygen is being administered.
8. Do not us ethis appliance with a damaged or broken blade or comb, as injury to the skin may occur.
9. To disconnect turn control to "off" then remove plug from outlet.
10. WARNING: During use, do not place or leave appliance where it may be (1) damaged by an animal or (2) exposed to the weather.
OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS: Please read the following instructions before using your new Andis clipper. Give it the care that a fine precision built instrument deserves and it will give you years of service.
Before starting clipper, remove blade guard (some models may not have a blade guard). Plug cord into electrical outlet, operate at 120 volt, 60 cycle AC electrical current or as noted on the unit. To start clipper, move switch button to ON position. To stop clippet, move switch button back to original position. After using your clipper, rewrap cord and store in a safe place.
USING ATTACHMENT COMBS (Some models do not have combs and sizes will vary by kit)
You can set the blades for a coarser cut by attaching any of the snap-on attachment combs made for your clipper. The attachment combs mount easily they snap on and off (Figures A & B). These attachment combs guide hair into the clipper blades and give you precise control of haird lengths. The length of trim is indicated on the comb: ⅛", ¼, ⅜" and ½".
Use the chart to find the approximate lengths of cut. Different blade angles in relation to the skin, thickness and texture of the hair will vary the cutting length.
|Description||Clipping Direction||Approximate Length of Cut
Fine | Coarse
|Standard Andis Blade||With hair grain
Agains hair gran
|1/16" to 3/16"
1/32" to 1/8"
|1/8" Blade Attachment||With hair grain
Agains hair gran
|1/4" to 3/8"
1/8" to 1/4"
|1/4" Blade Attachment||With hair grain
Agains hair gran
|3/8" to 1/2"
1/4" to 3/8"
|3/8" Blade Attachment||With hair grain
Agains hair gran
|1/2" to 5/8"
3/8" to 1/2"
|1/2" Blade Attachment||With hair grain
Agains hair gran
|5/8" to 7/8"
1/2" to 5/8"
REMOVING BLADE SET:
To remove blade set, first make sure your clipper is switched OFF and UNPLUGGED. Plush down on blade, then gently pull the balde forward (Figure C), and slide it off the blade hinge. If your blade hinge should snap closed and is flush with the clipper, use a small standard scredriver to pry the tongue of the hinge out (Figeure D).
NOTE: Hair may accumulate in the front cavity of the housing under the blade. If this happens, you can clean out the hair by brushing out the cavity with a small brush or an old toothbrush while the blade is off the clipper.
REPLACING OR CHANGING BLADE SET
To replace or change your blade set, slide the blade bracket onto the hinge of the clipper (Fifure E) and with the clipper turned ON, push the blade towards the clipper to lock into position.
Due to the high speed nature of Andis clippers, please check for blade heat often, especially on close cutting baldes. If baldes are too hot, dip the blades only into Andis Blade Care Plus or apply Andis Cool Care Plus and then Andis Clipper Oil. If you have a detachable blade unit, you can change your blade in order to maintain a comfortable temperature; using multiple blades of the same size is popular among groomers.
CARE AND SERVICING OF YOUR ANDIS CLIPPER BLADES:
Blades should be oiled before, during, and after each use. If your clipper blades leave streaks or slow down, it's a sure sign blades need oil. The clipper should be held in the position shown in Figure F to prevent oil from getting into motor. Place a few drops of Andis Clipper Oil on the front and side of the cutter blades (Figure G). Wipe excess oil off blades with a soft dry cloth. Spray lubricants contain insufficient oil for good lubrication, but are an excellent clipper blade coolant. Always replace broken or nicked blades to prevent injury. You can clean the excess hair from your blades by using a small brush or worn out tooth brush. To clean the blades we suggest to immerse the blades only into a shallow pan of Andis Clipper Oil, while the clipper is running. Any excess hair and dirt that has accumulated between the blades should come out. After cleaning, turn your clipper OFF and dry blades with a dry cloth and start clipping again.
If upon cleaning your blades you find that the blades will still no tcut, there may be a few fine pieces of hair trapped between the upper and lower blade. If this happens, you will need to snap the blade off the clipper. Proceed to slide the upper blade to one side, without loosening the tension spring or moving the upper balde completely out from under the tension spring (See Figure H for position of blade). Wipe the surface between the blades clean with a dry cloth, then place a drop of clipper oil where the upper and lower blades meet and also in the guide slot of the tension spring (Figure H). Now slide the upper blade to the opposite side of the lower blade and repeat this process. After completing this procedure, slide the upper blade, centering it over the lower blade. Handle or store your Andis Clipper with the blades down so excess oil will not run into the clipper case.
CHANGING THE BLADE DRIVE ASSEMBLY
If your clipper blades no longer cut properly (be sure to try more than one blade, since the blade currently being used may be dull), it could be that your blade drive assembly needs replacement. Please contact an Andis Authorized Service Station for replacement.
There are no questions or answers for this item.