It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
Do not allow children to apply product. Do not allow children to come in contact with the treated cat until after the application has dried. Do not use on cats or kittens less than 8 weeks of age and weighing less than 9 lbs. Do not double dose cats larger than 9 lbs. Do not allow your cat to ingest this product. Cat mus be dry at time of application. Do not apply more than once dose every two months.
More detailed directions for use, including storage and disposal, are included in the box. Read the entire label, directions for use and frequency of application each time before using this product.
For prevention and treatment of fleas, part the hair on the neck at the base of the head and apply the contents of the applicator tube to a single spot on the skin of the cat. Do not apply on the surface of the cat's hair coat. Place the empty applicator tube in the trash.
Application every two months is recommended to prevent and treat flea infestations. Advantage XD starts working in 30 minutes - 4 hours and kills fleas for two months after application on cats more than 9 lbs.
Frequency of Application
To kill fleas and prevent reinfestations, apply one applicator tube, every two months, only to cats and kittens 8 weeks of age and older and weighing over 9 lbs.
How to Apply
- Remove one applicator tube from the tray.
- Hold applicator tube in an upright position.
- Open applicator tube by twisting the nozzle tip.
- Part the hair on the neck at the base of the head until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube directly above the skin and squeeze the tube 2-4 times to expel the contents of the tube directly on the skin. For best results, apply at the base of the head, not between shoulder blades. Avoid getting the product in your cat's eyes or mouth. Treatment at the base of the head will minimize the opportunity for the cat to directly lick the product.
- Discard empty applicator tube in the trash.
Application every two months is recommended to prevent and treat flea infestations. Advantage XD starts working in 30 minutes - 4 hours and continues killing fleas for two full months after application.
Monitor your cat after application. Side effects may include signs of application site reactions such as application site hair loss, hair change (greasy, clumping or matting) or redness, inflammation and itching. Other side effects such as inactivity, vomiting and inappentence have also been reported. If these or any other side effects occur, consult your veterinarian, your cat's healthcare expert. For technical assistance or to report a side effect, call Elanco at 1-888-545-5973.
- Call a poison control center or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Have the product label with you when you call the poison control center or medical professional.
- Have person sip a glass of water if able to swallow.
- Do not induce vomiting unless told to by a poison control center or doctor.
- Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person.
If In Eyes:
- Hold eye open and rinse slowly and gently with water for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove contact lenses if present, after the first 5 minutes, then continue rinsing.
- Call a poison control center or doctor for treatment advice.
Have the product container or label with you when calling a poison control center or doctor or going for treatment.
Hazards to Humans
Harmful if swallowed. Causes moderate eye irritation. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco or using the toilet. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing.
Hazards to Domestic Animals
For use on cats and kittens only. For external use only. As with any product, consult your veterinarian before using the product on medicated, debilitated, aged, pregnant or nursing cats or cats known to be sensitive to pesticides. In multiple cat households, do not allow the cats to groom each other until the product has dried.
Storage & Disposal
Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage & disposal.
Pesticide Storage: - Store in original package in a cool dry place inaccessible to children and animals.
Pesticide Disposal: - Call your local solid waste agency or equivalent organization for disposal instructions. Unless otherwise instructed place in trash. Never pour unused product down the drain or on the ground.
If empty: - Non-refillable container. Do not reuse this container. Place in the trash, or offer for recycling if available.
If partly filled: - Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.